Thursday, May 03, 2007

The Voice of Chesterton

I stumbled across The Bookworm -
http://ukbookworm.blogspot.com/2007/05/voices-from-past.html - which has links to recordings of Chesterton and Lewis.

Chesterton is briefly speaking at Holy Cross College (Massachusetts) in 1930.

GKC-I have to thank you for this very great honour and I do so with all my heart. I can only say that I am not much of a crusader but at least I am not a Mohammedan and many people will testify to the fact. I should like to take this opportunity of thanking you all for your enormous kindness, especially Father Earl for having received me so hospitably today.
I’d never heard his voice before.

I’m sure there are other recordings out there, but this was my introduction.

Sounds British!

1 comment:

chestertonian said...

*shivver shivver*

Very cool!