Saturday, January 27, 2007

"Forced" to be a day late.....

I missed my regular Friday post. Our furnace went out during the night, and the next morning, our daycare lady told us she was leaving the business, a bit of a double whammy.

Anyway, I noticed from the blogs about the new Chesterton series that Dale's son, Julian, has large amounts of the Star Wars dialogue memorized. I also see that Nancy Brown is a Star Wars fan. My son is also a Star Wars comic fanatic.

I find this interesting as Chestertonians.......It seems that one of Dale's themes lately has been Chesterton, the complete thinker. I contrast this vs. George Lucas, the wealthiest incomplete thinker ever to achieve gainful employment. Honestly, I love the original trilogy, and I think the prequels have their moments, but cant we all acknowledge the existence of plot holes large enough to fly a Death Star through?

I find this an interesting paradox.

No comments: